- "Marc is one of a new breed of urban folk musicians who, with
detailed, thoughtful songwriting and gritty delivery, are redefining
the singer-songwrter genre of the 21st century"
- Crit Harmon, producer (Mary Gauthier, Martin Sexton, Susan Werner)
- "I've had the pleasure of working closely with Marc Von Em as a singer, but when I heard his original stuff,
I asked him to open up a 10,000 seat gig. Just him, his guitar, and his songs. He killed it!"
- - Rob Thomas
- "He was extremely well received by the audience, and his CD's were sold out before he left the stage"
- - Dave Licursi, tour manager (Rob Thomas, Kid Rock, Hall and Oats)
- "I don't have time to write many reviews, but just gotta say that this music leaps out
at me on Whole Wheat Radio, amongst thousands of indie artists that we play.
It's fun. It makes me bounce in my seat. Just a great groove. Listen to samples and you'll
see what I mean. I recommend it, sincerely!"
- - Esther Golton (www.wholewheatradio.org)
- "Marcs' music is a soulful bluesy sound with a pop sensibility.
The song "Witness" says it all!!"
- - Frank Romano, guitarist/production (Mary J. Blige,Justin Timberlake,P Diddy)
- "Marc Von Em is one of my most favorite artists, period. He's got such a sweet blend of
soul, melody, voice and playing ability. His music is uniquely original and accessible at the same time."
- - Matt Beck, keyboards/Guitar (Lisa Loeb, Rob Thomas, Matchbox 20)
- "I love his songs and he's a great guitar player"
- - Steve Rosenthal, producer/owner of Magic Shop Studios in NYC
- "Marc Von Em is a great talent of the Hudson Valley. His songs and live performance
are of the highest quality. He is a regular performer at my club"
- - Phil Ciganer, Club Owner, Towne Crier Cafe - Pawling NY
- "Sincere songs and a powerful voice."
- - Richie Havens
- "I have had the great pleasure of working with Marc Von Em in the Rob Thomas band.
Marc has a vision like no other, and his music is destined to touch the lives of many who
listen and are moved by the love that exudes from each note he plays and sings.
Just as music is a gift to us, Marc is truly a gift to music."
- - Abe Fogle, drums/vocals (Phoebe Snow, Kool N the Gang, D'Angelo)
- "Marc Von Em has the voice that delivers every note he sings with sincere honesty.
He writes from his heart, and touches you deep within. It is an honor and a privilege
to know and work with him. I can't wait for the world to discover Marc Von Em."
- - Jenny Douglas, vocalist (Toto, Rolling Stones, Rob Thomas)
- "I enjoyed his music very much."
- - James Earl Jones (spoken in an incredibly low voice)